Tuesday, February 21, 2012
PAR Annual Conference to Focus on Creating a More Inclusive Culture
1. Paths to Power: law firm managing partners will discuss the role of sponsorship and other means to support women in their rise to power in law firms.
2. WorkLife Issues In House: PAR will be releasing a brand new study of work/life balance for in-house lawyers at the conference. Legal department leaders will be reflecting on the study’s findings and talking about their support of lawyers -- both those inside their own departments and their outside counsel – in meeting both their professional and personal obligations.
3. Innovate Ways to Implement Flexibility: Five law firms will discuss how they’ve moved beyond traditional part-time programs to have a broader array of programs and shifted their firms’ cultures.
4. An Open Conversation with General Counsel: General Counsel will engage with the audience to discuss their role in helping change the culture of firms.
5. Verna Myers will end the day with a keynote addressing how flexibility can help foster a culture of inclusion.
Another highlight of the day will be the presenting of PAR’s Flex Success Award to two law firm partners in PAR member firms successfully working reduced hours schedules and their clients who contributed to the success of the arrangements.
The PAR conference provides a great opportunity to get up-to-date on the most relevant topics in the retention and advancement of women lawyers and work/life balance for all. In addition, participants will network with other attorneys working on these issues in their organizations. The conference is open for registration.